BREEAM Cycle Storage
BREEAM, or the Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method, is the world’s leading sustainability assessment method. When you’re planning building projects and infrastructure developments, it helps prioritise sustainable value and efficiency. BREEAM accreditation is highly valuable to contractors, as it helps to:
- Attract customers
- Improve their experience
- Increase operational effectiveness
- Manage costs and income
- Excl. VAT: Incl. VAT:
- Excl. VAT: £ 58 Incl. VAT: £ 69 . 6 Ex.Vat: £ 67 . 2
- Excl. VAT: £ 78 Incl. VAT: £ 93 . 6 Ex.Vat: £ 82 . 8
- Excl. VAT: £ 115 Incl. VAT: £ 138 Ex.Vat: £ 118 . 8
- Excl. VAT: £ 195 Incl. VAT: £ 234
- Excl. VAT: £ 1195 Incl. VAT: £ 1434
- Excl. VAT: £ 1395 Incl. VAT: £ 1674
- Excl. VAT: £ 1495 Incl. VAT: £ 1794
- Excl. VAT: £ 1995 Incl. VAT: £ 2394
- Excl. VAT: £ 2150 Incl. VAT: £ 2580
- Excl. VAT: £ 2395 Incl. VAT: £ 2874
- Excl. VAT: £ 3995 Incl. VAT: £ 4794
- Excl. VAT: £ 4145 Incl. VAT: £ 4974
- Excl. VAT: £ 4495 Incl. VAT: £ 5394
The BREEAM assessment process evaluates the procurement, design, construction and operation of products installed on certified developments. There are performance benchmarks for you to target.
Fortunately, we’ve designed all our products to meet BREEAM cyclists’ facilities criteria. After all, two of the nine points available under the transport section are attributed to cycle storage compliance.
How to gain BREEAM credits for your bike storage
For your bike storage to gain credits under BREEAM, you need to make sure the following applies:
- Bikes can be secured in their individual spaces. For BREEAM compliance, both the frame and wheels must be able to be secured to the rack, or wall.
- Bikes can be secured within spaces in the cycle rack(s). They must be covered overhead and the cycle racks set in or fixed to a permanent structure.
- There should be sufficient secure cycle storage spaces for the number of people in the building, or use of the space.
- There should be a gap wide enough between each space to allow for bike access and storage.
- The bike storage facility or entrance to the facility should be in a prominent location from either an occupied building or a main access to a building, located within 100 metres.
- The cycle storage area should have adequate lighting.
Further credits are available if facilities such as showers, changing rooms, lockers and drying spaces are provided. See the official BREEAM website for a full breakdown, or contact our team for further advice — we’ve got experience working on projects of all sizes.
Why is BREEAM-compliant cycle storage important?
Think of BREEAM as a tool for delivering sustainable buildings, inspiring developers to innovate and make effective use of the resources available. You can book a free site survey – without a charge, you’ll get help identifying the best use of bike storage, to maximise the value shelters, racks and enclosures can add to your project.
When you focus on sustainable value, your development becomes a more appealing proposition to investors, as it’ll enhance the well-being of people who live, work or visit the environment.
After all, providing cycle storage supports the reduction of car journeys and, in turn, ensures your project produces less congestion and emissions too. It demonstrates a commitment to long-term stewardship, and provides users the choice of how they can travel.
Ensure your project is forward-thinking by browsing the sustainable BREEAM-complaint bike storage solutions and ordering soon.